This lighthouse located in Eden, Australia, is on the southernmost headland of New South Wales and stands at 29 meters. Made of concrete, it was built in 1881 to warn ships off the treacherous coast after a series of shipwrecks that claimed many lives. Its kerosene-powered lamp was visible for 35 kilometers from the open sea. Though still functioning, it is now a heritage site and open to visitors with some of the surrounding structures converted into lodging. To get to the location from the main town, we had to drive 26 kms. of dirt track thru the Ben Boyd National Park and it was well worth it due to the awesome views of the turbulent sea smashing onto the rocks below..